Friday, July 20, 2012

Who Are You?

We all grow up questioning our personality and means of purpose during the short years we call life. During my childhood I questioned myself quite frequently, always wondering who I was meant to become. We all have these concerns, we put ourselves into a mentality of constant "what ifs" and "is this right for me". For me it's always been a struggle between these questions. The struggle was a pull towards one desire and being torn between two lifestyles. To this day I struggle to find my true calling. I find comfort reading of others struggles, just so I know I'm not alone in this world. So I know I'm not an alien of these feelings. My constant struggle came into question today with the misfortunate events of the Aurora theatre shootings. I thought to myself, what would I have done if I was in that theatre. I think to myself I would be the hero, save lives and take down the bad guy. But no one truly knows what they would have done in that situation. So I put my personality in the spotlight and search for the answer. Am I strong enough to be the hero? Then for once in my life I become absolutely certain of what I am capable of. I believe that is my calling. I'm meant for something so much larger than being a student in this rundown town. I am meant for so much more. I am meant to change lives. To raise my voice to oppression. All I want to know is that I am capable of greatness. So to anyone that questions who they are, never be afraid to dream big. We are all capable of greatness.