Saturday, May 18, 2013

Inexpensive Gifts: Hot Cocoa


It's no longer winter season, but who doesn't like a good homemade hot chocolate recipe. For Christmas I made my roommates each a jar of this delicious hot cocoa. This happens to be the greatest hot chocolate I have ever taste, which my roommates agreed with at first sip. It has an extremely rich taste. Just how I love it! 

I filled three [3] mason jars and it cost me a total of $20 (not including the jar, ribbon, monogram decal). And I still had the majority of the ingredients left over. 

The extra mile to make it an adorable gift for anyone.

Mason jar (Hobby Lobby $2)
Ribbon (Hobby Lobby $3)
Monogram decal sticker (Etsy $5) 

Ingredients

3 cups nonfat dry milk powder
2 cups powdered sugar 
1 1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
sweetened chocolate chips
mini marshmallows 

Instructions

Mix the dry milk, powdered sugar, cocoa powder & salt in a large mixing bowl. Once all the contents are completely mixed making a light brown color, store in an air tight container. (Mason jar works perfectly). Add a layer of chocolate chips and mini marshmallows on top of the powder in the mason jar for creativity & deliciousness. To make hot cocoa, put 1/3 cup of mix in a mug and stir 1 cup of hot water. Stir in chocolate chips and top with marshmallows.