Saturday, May 18, 2013

Glitter Starbucks Cup

I have never brought the official 24 fl oz. Starbuck cold cup to an actual Starbucks. I was told that if I bring the cup I would get a discount on my drink, fingers crossed I can still use it in the store after this project. But since I am in college my favorite type of cups to haul around are the tumbler cups. So I decided to take this cup off the shelf, dust it off, and add some sparkle. 


What You Need

Starbucks double wall tumbler (or any double wall tumbler cup)
Mod Podge OR adhesive spray (I used gloss mod podge)
Glitter



First, I decided to place the mod podge on the outside of the inside cup. If that makes sense. This way the glitter doesn't look so dull and it sparkles more. The less mod podge caked on top the more you can see the glitter. I painted a layer of mod podge, then simply poured the golden glitter on top. 

Once that was dry, I added another layer of mod podge then layer of glitter. I was too impatient so I blow-dried the glitter & mod podge until most of the mod podge turned clear.

After two [2] layers of mod podge and two [2] layers of glitter I was able to set it back into the out layer of the cup. Even though my first drink was just water, I can't put the cup down.