Saturday, May 18, 2013

My Future & My Calling

My mom recently asked me why I decided to "aim low" career wise. What I told her was that I wanted to work in a children's psychiatric hospital, doing anything besides becoming the actual psychiatrist. This would lead me down a path to become a registered nurse. To me it is the complete opposite of aiming low. See I find working at a facility like that as my higher calling. When I am working with children I will be doing what I love, and that is when I know I will be making a difference. I want to change children's lives. I might not be saving them from death, but from self-detriment and harm. To me this is of the highest importance. As I save them, I know each and every child that passes through my care will have the same heartfelt impact on my life.