Saturday, May 18, 2013

In The Books

The time has come for me to move on. I never really acknowledged it growing up, but I have never established a permanent life in a place more than three years. I have constantly moved around growing up and that time has come yet again for me to leave. After living on this college campus for two years I decided to move back to California. 

But before I leave I would like to share a few of my favorite memories over the past two years... 

Nothing can compare to the experience of living in a dorm and the taste of college life for the first time. From the football games to late nights at the bars I will never forget the first friends I made in college. Although we are no longer friends, I will always cherish those memories.

To the roommate I spent both college years with, I will truly cherish our friendship for the rest of my life. From the drunken nights, long cries, road trips, and unforgettable moments I can truly say she became my best friend. 

To the roommates during my second year. They exceeded my expectations, not only did they become my friends, but they became more like sisters. Each of them brought something special into my life. It was always a new lesson in life, a new story, or new quality I found inside myself to be unique. They always brought out the best in me. And I will forever be grateful for that. 

From the very first moment to the very last, I will never forget the one person I completely fell in love with. A year of my life was spent in awe of how much I could love another human being. If there was anything I learned from college, it was mostly learned from him. Lessons in love and life. How to love another and myself. Not only to improve another's life with honesty and compassion, but improve myself with determination and control. A year of transparent love, with no hidden agendas.