Saturday, June 1, 2013

Custom Monogram Canvas Painting


I decided to be little artistic and add some southern sass to my room. I create this hand-painted monogram paintings on canvas. 

The "H" & "S" are on 11x14 canvases. The "F" is a 12x16 canvas. 

I will admit the first one was a stencil and took me an entire day to complete. Then again I will brag about my artistic ability slightly, after using the stencil the paint started to cake on it and the stencil did not turn out as fine lined. So after every use I had to go back over with a fine end paint brush and fix the edges. After a total of 8 hours it was complete. 

The second and third were simple patterns. I just used a ruler to make the measurements, and make everything even. 

The font is Harrington, I just traced it onto a piece of computer paper and cut them out. The colors I used were Americana's Terra Coral, Anita's Acrylic White, and Anita's Acrylic Purple.